[at-l] A reading lesson - was Global Warming (OT)

>"...>I've got pictures of the Canadian glaciers that show exactly this effect.
>I'll email them (privately) on request.  It took me less than 30 seconds of
>viewing those glaciers last summer to determine the answer to all the "glacier"
>questions that Roks has thrown out here  over the last couple  years. I said
>nothing whatever about warming there.  I said that the answer to Roks'
>questions about why the glaciers were melting was obvious to anyone who
>actually looked at the physical conditions "on the ground" and understood the
>meaning of "albedo."

My apologies Jim. I thought you were talking about global warming. Instead you
were just saying that "in less than 30 seconds" of personal observation you were
able to determine that the glacial melting that scientists think is probably
caused by global warming is caused by sun reflections, or perhaps some other
albedo phenomenon.

I'll try to be more attentive in the future. Usually, I do follow the global
warming debate quite closely. My house sits about 8 feet above mean sea level
and about 3 feet higher than the highest spring tides. There's nothing quite
like having 95% of ones assets at risk from a phenomenon scientists are debating
to make one pay attention.

Weary