Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 08:33:16 -0800 (PST)
From: Mary Morgan <thewelshnomad@yahoo.com>
Subject: [at-l] Mutter Museum, Philly
To: at-l@backcountry.net

Howdy, All,

Hubby and I stayed in Philadelphia, PA over the weekend and we finally got to go to the Mutter Museum at the College of Physicians of Philadelphia.  What a
place!  Macabre Rules!  (only one thing that I have seen was more macabre--the
Ossuary in Sedlec, outside Prague, CZ:   http://www.kostnice.cz/ )

Anyway... At the Mutter Museum, in addition to the permanent exhibit, at this
time there is a Lewis and Clark Special Exhibit.  It showed what would have been in Lewis and Clark's medicine bags, what surgical instruments they would have taken with them, what procedures were used for injuries and ailments, what they ate, how much they ate, models of what the different ailments may have looked like....  Very interesting.

But the most astounding fact, to me, was that Lewis and Clark only lost one man
on the entire expedition!

Great exhibit and worth a visit (IMHO).  http://www.collphyphil.org/musgal.htm

:o) Soon to be hiking Welsh Nomad :o)