[at-l] Heel Spurs/plantar fascitis

One other thing that helps prevent these kind of injuries, yes, sometimes
even bone-related ones, is good stretching.

A few years ago, I ran for exercise, and found on RunnersWorld.com a group
of stretches called the "basic eight".

I can't find them there anymore, but I had converted that webpage,
including images, into a DOC file, and saved it onto my home drive. I just
put it on my website for anyone top see and use that wants to.
http://www.abettermap.com/stretches.doc

Even though they're for running, I use them pre- and post-hike, and they
work very well for keeping the pain level away, especially if I'm hiking
hard enough to hurt.

Frank, the big-fat ex-runner  :-)