[at-l] Re: I am new to this!

> >  I have a book called hiking the A T by car so my husband can meet me and
> >suppy me now and again.
> >
> >Where can one get a look at this book?
>
> http://tinyurl.com/yv3z7 complete with reviews. It does not appear to  be a
> book for hikers. From the description: "This easy-to-use guide will help
> you discover, by car, 74 access points to the Appalachian Trail...

	I, too, have this book, and if I were going to try to meet and/or
resupply hikers this is NOT what I would use.  Definitely use the AT
guidebooks (which give directions to beginnings/end of sections), and/or
the Thruhiker's Companion.  The DeLorme map books would be excellent for
actually finding your way to the roads that cross the trail, but you'd
have to buy one for each state--at $20 per state ($14 at Amazon.com), that
adds up!  Maybe just state road maps (if they're GOOD ones) would suffice.
	~~eArThworm