[at-l] Five Days Until...

Some random thoughts:

Thank you, Toe, for the memories.
What a powerful time of change and passage.

Ted was the most excited '03 of them all, like a little kid. Little
did we know he truly WAS embarking on a journey of a lifetime.
His presence was felt on the trail, and his legacy was the inquiry:
How am I spending my time? Is there passion and life force present?

And, for the one or two left who may not know, Wench and Hotdog paid
deep tribute to "Soleman" by hiking the American flag that Ted had
planned to carry all the way from Springer Mt. to Katahdin.

And, may I say it loudly and publicly, ...

> Kahley will once again transcribe my journal, and I am REALLY
> happy about that.   I know others of you are transcribing for my
>Trail mates, Suz Buchanan, for one, is posting for Ted "Soleman"
>>Anderson. So any "heads-up!" trail info will likely make its way
to us. Keep those weather reports coming!
> ;-)

that when Kahley was no longer able to transcribe my journal, the
extremely capable Suz Buchanan came to my rescue.

I think we both needed each other then, but I (by far) got the better
end of the deal. Suz is an incredible transcriber and cheerleader, and
I hope one day to repay the favor personally. I am very blessed to
have her as a friend. Our friendship just grew stronger along the
Trail.

In the meantime, I'm "paying it forward" by co-transcribing for '04 AT
hiker Burn. I like his friendly enthusiasm and inclusive nature.
http://www.trailjournals.com/burn/

If you haven't given journal transcribing a try, consider it, perhaps
as a co-transcriber. (That way, the workload is shared.)

Okay,
Reflective Shoe

--
    	AT Journal: