[at-l] Re:(at-l) Digital Photos

At 07:53 PM 2/19/2004 -0500, LWOP wrote:
>I will probably want to do PowerPoint presentations when I return.  What
>resolution would work best for this purpose?

The output resolution of a digital projector, like screen resolution, is
determined by the projector's capability. They are generally 800 X 600 or
1024 X 768. The higher resolution projectors cost more (what a surprise).
Shoot at the resolution necessary for the largest print you plan to make
and resize down for the Power Point presentation. Approximate resolution
for print sizes:

11x14 - 4 mp
8x10 - 3 mp
5x7 - 2 mp
4x6 - 1 mp

You can make larger prints than listed with these file sizes but they will
not be "photo quality". I have made "okay" but not great 8x10 prints from a
1024 x 768 (that's .8 megapixel) file. It all depends on how fussy you are
about quality.