[at-l] Re:(at-l) Digital Photos

At 04:39 PM 2/19/2004 -0500, Daniel Strickland wrote:
>...clip...I plan on getting into photography myself, so the
>extra weight of the camera (Digital Rebel or D-10), and the lenses is
>definitely way more worth it than just taking a smaller camera with way less
>functionality.

FWIW Daniel, I own a Canon 10D (with the 28-135 IS lens) and an Olympus
C-4040Z. The 10D is an awesome camera with all sorts of controls but at 3#
2 oz. with the lens, IT'S HEAVY! The C-4040Z takes high resolution pictures
that I can print up to 11X14, also has a lot of user control (including
manual exposure) and weighs less than a third of the 10D.

At this point if I were going on a long distance hike with one of my
digital cameras, it would be the C-4040Z in my pack, not the 10D. Better
yet I would trade the C-4040Z in on a C-5060Z <http://tinyurl.com/3dwft>
and take that. It weighs 15.2 oz. If you feel you must have a digital SLR
on a long distance hike, go for the digital Rebel. It will save you both
money and weight.

Saunterer