[at-l] Re:(at-l) Digital Photos

Jan,
	My Fuji says to only format the card when needed. Excessive
formatting shortens the life of the card. It did recommend any
formatting should be done in the camera and not on a pc. I always
delete my pictures in the camera after I have put the pictures on a pc
using a card reader. I select delete all on my particular camera
without even looking at them. But this is a Fuji and Smart media
recommendation. I guess others are different.
	One thing I did do was to number my cards. This way card #1 gets used
the most and card # 7 gets used the least amount, only on longer
trips. I did this so I could find out the life of a card. My number
one card has gotten finicky to download in my card reader. I can view
the pictures fine in the camera but the reader can't find them without
several attempts. Formatting did not solve the problem. So now I do
not use card #1 until the last resort. How many pics did I get out of
number one? I do not really know but it was a lot of pictures over
several years.
	That's what I did anyhow. Makes me wonder if I had formatted the card
every time if it would have lasted longer. Probably not. I suspected
the problem was the gold contacts and have cleaned them with alcohol
and that didn't help.

chaseAT99