From: at-l-bounces@backcountry.net
[mailto:at-l-bounces@backcountry.net]On Behalf Of LWOP
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2004 3:58 PM
To: at-l@backcountry.net; Mary Morgan
Subject: [at-l] Re: Digital Camera

Digital Users,
I just stopped at a Walgreen's in my local area to see if they burn CD's
The answer is YES.  For $3.99 I can insert my XD card and copy it to a CD.
I'm sure if they can do it so can most other photo stops.  I will just send
the CD home and when I hear from my wife that she received it in working
order, I can then reuse the XD card.  It will be cheaper than buying a $300
burner and having to bounce it along the trail.  With four 256MB cards, I'm
sure I'll be able to make it between photo shops.
Now, what about batteries.  The charger isn't to heavy but the darn plug
weighs 4 ounces.  I don't need a six foot plug but I don't want to cut it
either.  Maybe I'll head over to Radio Shack and see what they have.
Such tough decisions and only 4 days till I'm on my way to Georgia.  I still
have to pack my gear....
Till next time,
LWOP