[at-l] Digital Photos

At 09:51 AM 2/18/2004 -0500, Daniel Strickland wrote:
>Information on SanDisk's disposable SD and CF cards can be found here:
>
>http://www.infosyncworld.com/news/n/4592.html
>
>At $24.99 for a 64 MB card, that's not a ton of savings.  I bought my 1 GB
>CF card for $250.  That's ten times the price of the 64 MB card, and if I
>had ten of those, I'd only have 640 MB of space.  I think Sam's Club even
>has 64 MB cards for about that price already.
Bear in mind that $24.99 is the "manufacturer's suggested retail price".
I'm sure BJ's, Sam's Club, and other discount/wholesale retailers will sell
them for much less. BTW they aren't intended to be "disposable". They are
intended to be the digital equivalent of film, i.e. long term storage. Of
course if you are the type who throws away your negatives after getting the
1st set of prints then they may be disposable to you.

Saunterer, wondering whether he should worry about having a bear in his mind.