[at-l] The Barn and Hiker's Paradise and Portable Hard Drive and stuff

Howdy, All,

I don't know if I am alone in this or not, but I want to make note of all of the places that are recommended (and not recommended) on this list, but find it hard to figure out where some of these places are located, 'cause I didn't hike the trail yet. ;o)

Could someone direct me to a list of these places if anyone has been so inclined to make one?  I have figured out where The Doyle (even stayed there..), Miss Janet's and the Bluberry Patch are, but don't know where The Barn or Hiker's Paradise, for example, are located yet. I know that discovering these places is all a part of the hiking experience, but I would like to make notes ahead so I have them before I leave in just a few short 3 weeks time!

Also, anyone have a good maildrop suggestion list url handy?  I can't seem to locate the one that I know was recommended a few months ago..

Portable Hard Drive:

I researched the miriad of portable hard drives that are available out there for 8 months before I bought one.  I recommend the FlashTrax, hands down.  Worth every penny. unless you only have an Olympus xD card.....  You can buy an adapter that will allow you to copy from your compact flash then transfer to your smart media.  Pretty cool.  Especially if you are a photographer such as me... I usually take about 2-3,000 (yes, thousand) 5 meg pictures on any given 2 week vacation.  I can't imagine how many a 6 month trek will get me.  The editing job I will have when I get home will probably take me 6 months as well. <g>  (suggestion: get a few extra batteries)

Also, Walmart is now burning CD's.  The one I checked in PA has the ability to copy your picture card to CD and they said that all of the Walmarts do, too.  Don't know if that is a true statement, 'cause I have my own pro printer and stuff, so don't need their service.  Just another option I thought I'd put out there.

Thanks, All!

:o) Soon To Be Hiking Welsh Nomad