  From: Paul Magnanti
  To: at-l@backcountry.net
  Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2004 12:21 PM
  Subject: [at-l] OT: Northern Exposure

  This subject is off topic, but I know many on this
  list (myself included) are big fans of the late, great
  series "Northern Exposure". Well it is FINALLY coming
  out on DVD!  Due date is in May. It is $60 for the
  first season (8 epsisodes) though. :-(

  On the plus side, my birthday *IS* in May. Methinks I
  will be hinting big time for this as a gift. :-)

  (I am in now way affiliated with Amazon, just made me
  happy to see it available on DVD, finally!) And, to
  make it hiking related, the show was filmed not too
  far from the PCT in the town of Rosalyn, WA. I believe
  Sly went there when he did the PCT as a matter of
  fact.

  ************************

  Greetings from Amazon.com!

  You've previously signed up to be notified when
  "Northern Exposure"
  (DVD)
  became available, and we're happy to inform you that
  it is now
  available to
  pre-order!

  If you would like to pre-order this item now, just
  follow the link
  below:

  http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005JLG3/ref=t_th_em_po

  Once you've placed your order, we will ship this item
  to you as soon
  as it is released (your credit card will not be
  charged until this
  item is ready for shipping).

  If you do not want to purchase this item, there is no
  need to reply to
  this message.

  If you have any questions, please write to us at
  orders@amazon.com.
  We hope to see you again soon at Amazon.com!

  Enjoy,
  Your Friends at Amazon.com

  =====