[at-l] Valentines Weekend in Hot Springs & RamKitten's Book

Waterfall,

Sounds like a great outing.  Always good to hear about another new AT book.
We met Squirrel Meat at the Southern Ruck and he seemed like a really nice
guy.  Elmer was supposed to come but couldn't make it.

I am anxious to do some hiking soon so let me know if your dh is busy
sometime and you want company.  I am working hard to get into better shape
for the trails.  I am training with weights on MWF and working out at CURVES
on TuThSa and walking almost everyday. Jan can do a mile or so with me as
long as it is mostly flat.  He is doing great but not strong enough to hike
yet.  It has been a several months now since a REAL hike and, just thinking
about all the thru hikers starting soon, I am getting anxious to get out
there.  Wonder what condition FS-42 is in now as it was terrible the last
time we were up, a few months back, and I hope they did some work on it.
Our vehicle is not all that great but I do want to spend time on Springer
during thru hiker season. Jan wants to try that short climb from the parking
lot so he is walking more now as he wants to be there too.  We have been
doing a great deal of campaigning out of state but it has been great because
there are CURVES everywhere and I have my own weights. I feel great working
out but it is not the same as hiking!

Hope to see you in Sylva this weekend!
Hugs, Hummingbird