[at-l] Valentines Weekend in Hot Springs & RamKitten's Book

Hi all,

Just got back from a weekend in Hot Springs ... went
up to Max Patch on Saturday afternoon via the Cherry
Creek Trail (for a new hiking guide we are working
on), and the views were incredible, even though it was
kind of overcast. It was the typical view I've had
every time I've been to Max Patch.

Stayed at Elmer's Saturday night and got to meet
Aaron, a.k.a. Squirrel Meat (ME-GA '03) who is working
for Elmer now. Also met a great group of guests, none
of whom were hikers, but they were very cool anyway.
;-) Great food, great company, a great weekend.

After dinner and some piano playing, I started reading
Debra Lauman's (RamKitten) new novel, "I. Joseph
Kellerman." Very good book so far! (I made it to
Chapter 8 by the end of the weekend.)

We'd hoped to do a loop of the Rube Rock Trail,
Groundhog Creek Trail, and AT on Sunday, but those
pesky weather forecasters said that Western NC was in
for yet another winter storm, so we headed home. We're
such wimps. Stopped by Bluff Mtn. Outfitters on the
way and my dear sweet Hubbie bought me a new backpack
for my Valentine/Birthday present. I just love him
(the pack. and the hubbie too). :)

All in all, a very good weekend. It was great to be
back in Hot Springs and see white blazes.

Waterfall