[at-l] Re: at-l Digest, Vol 10, Issue 10

> In reality, a gator just isn't going to chase you all that far.
> Alligators are territorial, and they have rather small
> territories.  If you're leaving, and they haven't decided that
> you're food, they'll usually leave you alone.

I should have noted that I'm talking here about American Alligators.  Black
Caymans are something different, and the three kinds of crocodiles are
something different too.  Comparatively, the American Alligator is docile
and friendly.  Black Caymans WILL chase you for some distance, and some
crocks will too.  I've never met any, though, so can't say from experience,
just what I've heard.

Shane