[at-l] NC snowfall tally so far

Winter is over.  It's 86 degrees with high humidity here.

GoVols

--- "The Weathercarrot" <weathercarrot@hotmail.com> wrote:
The high south continues to get snow, and for elevations above 5,000 feet,
there's been more than many places in New England. Below is this season's
total so far on Beech Mtn in NC, near the Roan Highlands and Elk Park, as of
10:00am this morning. This is at the official NWS cooperative station.
Average for a season is about 72 inches, so we're ahead of that, given that
there's 10-11 weeks to go before the average last date of snowfall. Nearby
Roan High Knob is usually 1-2 feet ahead of Beech by this time, so I'd
estimate they are pushing 75-80 inches up there so far this year.

=================================

Snow Totals for 2003-2004
(from Fred's General Mercantile atop Beech Mountain)

Date 	Snowfall (inches)
November 24 	trace
November 28-29 	4.5"
December 4-6 	4.0"