[at-l] re: jobs, life and such

Kel, honest lawyers, really?!  (Yeah, I thought that was an oxymoron there...for a sec...he he he)  Sounds to me like you've got a pretty cushy job.  Wanna trade?  ;-))

Two words of advice for the icky green counter tops...Home Depot or...sledge hammer ;-))  HA!  You could really put the hiker belief that less is more even in your own home.  Without countertops, imagine how much bigger your kitchen would be!  LOL  Start a trend, Kel!  Make your table a work area and hang everything else on shelves or hooks from the wall.  Hmmm.....now that I mention that...where is my sledge hammer....

I get what you mean about a job is a job is a job.  Yeah, we should all be so lucky as to be able to do what we want or like and be able to bring in the dough, but some of us that don't have a job we may not have that luxury. I agree.  We all do what we gotta do to do what we have to do or want to do or would like to do or dream of getting to do, but can't always afford to do or sometimes never get around to doing them at all.

Now, what was I doing?  Oh, yeah...

Even when we are doing all of that, it doesn't mean that we have to give up on our dream to do what we like to do and be able to  make a living at it.  We just have to find a way of being a little different and get past the fear of failure.  Never stop trying.  Never say die.  Be tenacious!!!  Think outside that box and reach for higher goals.  Don't be afraid.  If you want it, make it happen.  Never stop asking questions...What?  Why?  How?  When?  Where? ........ At what cost?

Say for instance that you would like to be a novelist.  With your knowledge of criminal law and some of the inside scoops on the job (renaming all individuals to be on the safe side of course), I bet you could turn out a hum dinger of a cliff hanger, couch grabbing, beer spewing, drama that would keep us all awake for years to come, if not laughing ourselves right out of our chairs!  I mean, just read some of your own emails.  It's like sitting right in front of you and talking face to  face.  The visuals that I get from your posts on the at-l are quite real, constantly make me laugh out loud &/or talk to my computer and that comes from the way you write.  Personally, I think you could really do it!

Frank Looper who just recently joined the at-l is overcoming many obstacles, but he has found his niche in mapping of trails.  How wonderful.  What a service he is doing for all of us.  Now, with a little networking in the hiking community, he may be able to find organizations that would quite possibly pay for his skills.  Who knows unless he tries?  And, he is trying...(here's wishing you luck my friend, Frank!)

Hotdog?  I think he's just too far gone dealing with the fact that Marlena (sp?) on Days of Our Lives is the serial killer.  (HA! Just kidding Soap Dog!)

Seriously though, I don't think our jobs should have to define us.  However, they can if we let them.  How do we wanna  be remembered?  What do we wanna tell others when we meet them?  What do we wanna be known for?  How do I wanna describe myself?  How do I wanna spend the rest of my life?  How do I wanna reach my goals?  WHAT DO I  WANNA?

Shelly TakesAHeckOfALotOfWordsToDefineHerToo Hale

---