[at-l] Hiking/photo link

This web site had something that I couldn't copy, so I'll try to re-create it: "Skurka's 7,700 mile trek across the continent...two seas, two feet."  It's been billed as a sea to sea hike.  I've refrained from asking what seems to me to be the obvious question, but no one has touched on it, so here goes.  Has this guy not heard of the American Discovery Trail?  Why doesn't he include parts of that in his hike, or, better yet, go sea to sea on the ADT.  It needs more publicity, use, and maintenance.  What's he trying to do that hasn't already been done?

anklebear

"You don't have to know anything about the outdoors to hike the A.T.  It's sort of idiot proof."   Emiko Fergusson