[at-l] (no subject)

In a message dated 2/6/2004 6:33:22 PM Eastern Standard Time, Lwop@att.net
writes:
During my ten week hike in '02, I can only think of one unpleasant
conversation or confrontation.  It was with a hiker who became furious with
me because as he put it "your cows are polluting my world".  He took offence
to the fact that others around him had the audacity to eat meat.  He didn't
have the brains to know when to keep his mouth shut and was not a very
popular fellow.  I doubt he made it very far on the AT.  He obviously did
not believe in the HYOH motto.
Anyway, I think you will find that most of the time AT hikers are too tired
or too busy eating to be confrontational.  It is too much a waste of good
calories.  If there were only more like them in this world it would be a
better place.  You will meet some great people out on the trail.
Lwop :-)
****************

Last year there were a couple people that were unpleasant. But we stayed away
from them, or traveled in groups near them, until they moved on. No big deal
Sometimes there are big mouthed hikers (that drink too much) that make all
hikers look bad. in 2003 in Hanover at "Panarchy", a hiker got drunk, raised
hell,
and the guys at the frat house just beat him up. Then they accused someone of
stealing their drugs (and closed the place to hikers). It wasn't a pleasant
place to
stay, but the only low cost/free ( work for stay) place there was there.
This hiker was a nice guy sober, but drunk, he raised hell.

99.9% of the people were great, on and off the trail.

hotdog
AT 03