[at-l] re: jobs, life and such

In short, the job is to pay the bills.
It is what we do after those hours that defines our
life.

I really don't understand this line of reasoning.  Why not find an occupation that you enjoy and do that.  I work every day and when I was young I earned a paycheck.  Overtime I figured out what I wanted to do and went and done that.  This is America, you can do as you please.  If you work just to pay bills you are wasting a great deal of your life.  I can't imagine working 49 - 50 weeks a year for that little bit of time to live my life.  If you work 45 years you have only enjoyed your life a couple of years in tiny pieces.  If you work in a cubical and hate it, it is your fault.  I enjoy hiking more that planting trees but not by a lot.  Sure there are days when it is not fun, but I have hiked days that were not fun.  My good days at work are better than a bad day of hiking.  Sorry if this don't follow the company line but if you don't like your life thank God you live in a country where you can change it.

HikingandlandscapingClyde