[at-l] re: jobs, life and such

>>And when they say, "No, what do you do?" Look at
>>them seriously and say, "Oh, you mean what do I
>>do to earn money." That'll make them think.

One  of the (many!) things I enjoy about where I live
is just what you said. I have many friends that I have
no idea what they really do to pay the bills.
(Yeah..Mark? Um, he does something with computers...)
I just know them as really into rock climbing, hiking,
skiing, etc. In short, the job is to pay the bills.
It is what we do after those hours that defines our
life.

Work was always very important growing up.First thing
Dad asked (literally) when he saw me after the PCT was
"So, do you have a job lined up?". :-)

Yep..living here is a bit different than many places
in the US.

=====
--Thoreau