[at-l] why not...I guess...

(a Felixian blast from the past...)

...she was sitting on the bench, alone. I could tell that
something was bothering her, so I didn't stop. I walked to
where the ducks were. I could still see her sitting there. I
talked to the ducks, and asked them what I should do. It was
obvious, as it turned out.

I went back to the bench and sat down, like I owned the park.
"What's up?" I asked.
"Excuse me?" she said, quite puzzled.
"How are you?"
"I'm fine" she said, and looked away from me. It is very hard to ignore
a stranger sitting on a park bench with you.
"I had a dream about you last night. That is why I find it odd that you
are sitting here today." I paused. "Oh, don't be scared. I'm not going to hurt you.
Quite the opposite."
"Um, look. I don't know who you are or what you want. But, I'd appreciate it if you'd leave me alone," she said in an uneasy tone.
"Oh, okay. I'm sorry" I said, standing. "But, first...did it break?"
"Did what break?"
"The vase."
"What vase?"
"In the dream, you threw a vase. I woke up before it hit. Did it break?"
"...yes."

--
Felix J.
ME-->GA '98