[at-l] Ahiking we will go!

Well, I got this here email from jeanpaul:

**********
hey KGVols,

I am also thinking about doing the long trail this year.

I just got a job (but it is at an outfitter so they should understand if I
want to go outdoors for a few weeks.. I hope).

I am not one to plan things out to well. I don't like planning it ruins the
surprise. in 2000 on July 10th I packed up all my stuff into boxes put it
all in storage for a move that was to happen while I was gone when to a
grocery store and bought 10 days worth of food and within a few days me and
my sister were standing at a lake in Baxter state park. my sister left the
night of the 13th and the next day I climbed katadin for the first time. got
half way and then bad weather. climbed katadin the next day got half way and
bad weather and then on the 3rd day climbed it to the top and started my
hike.(did I climb it 2 times or 3 hmm it felt like 10 does anyone remember?)
on top I met up with 2 people that I would hike with most of the way and a
third person took my picture and dropped my camera. don't worry redhorse i
dont hold it against ya. I would later hike with him for a long time too. I
made it roughly 700 miles to tyringham mass where I ran out of juice and
money. mostly juice but I officially blame it on money but I know a few
people that would have given me the money if I wanted it but that would
compromise "MY HIKE".

I don't plan out things a lot. but I would love to be informed of your
planning for this long trail adventure. if you would be kind enough to CC me
your plans. chances are even if you don't get to do the long trail this year
and I do that you will be more informed about it then me. HAHA!

you gonna go north or south?  I would suggest south only because then you
end up in civilization. but I would also suggest north cause the mountains
in the northern section are said to be like "Maine". then again I like
walking south. I have a thing for southbound. going north feels weird it is
hard to go home on loop like trips! so I would suggest south.

*********
I'm thinking, WHY NOT?  That is if the hike can wait until 2005!  Sorry,
Jeanpaul, I gotta get some vacation time in.

Anyway, JP, I'll gladly hike southbound, northbound, east or westbound.  I'm
just along for the hike.

GoVols