[at-l] Drink Mix Vs. Teeth

This just brings to mind some of things we do at home that we don't think of
doing when we hike.

For example:
I CANNOT sleep on a bed that has one itty-bitty crumb on it.  I could feel a
grain of salt, and it will drive me crazy.  On the trail, however, I sleep
with all kinds of junk in my bag...

I take 2-3 showers a day in the winter and 3-5 in the summer.  I've gone days
without a shower whilst hiking.

I NEVER pick up food off the ground and eat it when I'm at home, you know?

I brush my teeth in the morning and at night and after I eat when I'm not
hiking.  However, I'm lucky if I swish toothpaste around my mouth in the morning
when I'm on the trail.

I wig out over bugs at home.  You shoulda seen me scream and throw shoes at
the palmetto bug that got in the house a few weeks ago.  And the ant problem
resulted in my sleeping at my mother's house one night.  Bugs don't bother me
when I'm on the trail....

And see, the Boy has never SEEN me out in the wilds, so he laughs and laughs,
and says I don't hiking,  I just check myself in to the Ritz... He can't
believe me, a crumb hating, teeth brushing, heebie jeebie-ing about bugs, shower
obsessor is actually hiking.  LOLOL!

In a message dated 2/5/2004 12:58:24 PM Eastern Standard Time,