[at-l] Drink Mix Ideas

In a message dated 2/5/2004 12:40:38 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jeanpaul@comcast.net writes:

>Two: A dentist advised a fellow FTA member that if he continued to drink
Gatorade >for the duration of his six month hike he can expect to spend
thousands of >dollars to repair his teeth when he returns. I know I always
crave some flavoring >(kool aide, Gatorade, tang, etc.) when I'm out there.
Can anyone suggest a >substitute so I don't break my fixed income budget
when I return? BTW, I'm not >afraid of carbs so that isn't a consideration.

***************
Everything I ate on my thru was bad for my teeth. Lots of candy bars, and
tons
of Gatorade. I have soft teeth and have to be very careful to brush & use
flouride
rinse. When I got back from my thru, I had no more damage to my teeth, than a
small pin prick of a cavity. I think your dentist friend is putting a worse
case
scare story in your head.

hotdog
AT 03