[at-l] And...

At 12:08 PM 2/4/2004 -0500, GoVolsKelly@aol.com wrote:
>How long is the Long Trail?
>
>I'm trying to plan a hike where I won't have to quit my job.
>
>GoVols

The Long Trail is 265 miles and takes about a month to do.

How much time do you have? You might consider the Northville to Lake Placid
Trail in the Adirondacks. At 132 miles it can be hiked in as little as 8
days, though most take 10-12. If you had longer you could do a yo-yo hike
on it and eliminate the shuttle problem. Unlike the Long Trail it is a
valley walk with little climbing but it takes you through a very remote
area of the Adirondacks. I can help with a shuttle if needed as long as you
aren't going the same time I will be.

Then of course there is the possibility of doing an AT section. There's no
rule saying you have to walk it all at once.

Saunterer