[at-l] I know it's been asked before...

----- Original Message -----
From: <TrailR@aol.com>

> A wise thruhiker (me) sent his winter gear home in Waynesboro VA.
> A wiser one (wench), kept her winter bag a little longer.

I kept my "winter" bag the whole trip.  Of course, my "summer" bag, while
rated for warmer weather, was about the same weight as my "winter" bag.
Therefore, I really only had one bag for the AT.  We met several people that
got summer bags in Waynesboro and were cold at night.  One was fortunate his
girlfriend kept her winter bag, because the fleece bag he carried was not
near warm enough.

> It really depends on when you start.

And on the year.  This year could be totally different than last year.

:-)
Wench