----- Original Message -----
From: <Bror8588@aol.com>

 http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/kemper.cfm

"Those remaining are getting younger with the average age in the mid-to-late
twenties and they have little groups who hike together, usually two to four.
They do not get up at dawn but more like eight, nine or ten in the morning.
talked with a lady who looked like a young Janis Ian and she complained
about
getting up before eleven. Time will run out for many of these young folks to
complete the trail but the mantra on the trail is that each will walk his or
her
own walk.
"One group I talked with as they were enjoying their morning breakfast
around
ten o'clock at a shelter were Smoothie, Fly, Hot Dog and Wench. Hot Dog is
married and was hiking with Wench, not his wife. Hot Dog got his name from
playing on a baseball team where others were called, Bun, Mustard, Relish,
you get
the picture. After I noted that Wench was too pretty to be a wench, a wench
being more of a Charles Dickensian character with no teeth and three pints
of
ale in each ham hand, I learned that it was all Platonic, no matter what you
dirty-minded readers thought."

Ya gotta be careful out there on the trail.  Ya never know when someone will
write about ya in their Newspaper.

Skylander