[at-l] Energy Central News Article

--- "Bob C." <ellen@clinic.net> wrote:
> What, me inconsistent? Naw! Well, I vaguely remember being
> inconsistent once. I forget the details.
### I can appreciate that. Yep yep yep.

>  Free enterprise can only exist in the presence of strong,
> democratic governments. Free enterprise self destructs without
the protection of governments. Note, I said "protection" not
subsidies.
### Sure, I gotcha, but you're wrong. Free enterprise depends on
property rights, which may be protected (a good and right word)
by governments, *or* *not*. (Think of the sign "Forget the dog:
BEWARE OF OWNER"). One local example, Bob: think of our country.
It was settled because of trade -- trade on the frontier. "Free
Enterprise" with *no* gummint except who's got the better powder
and the straighter barrels. Look around the globe...

=====
Spatior! Nitor! Nitor! Tempero!
   Pro Pondera Et Meliora.