[at-l] Why I hate south Florida (OT)

Okay, the guy that lives directly across from us saw us tie the rope and toss
the trap.  He says, "Y'all gonna git that trap dare stolt from ya." (But
without the southern accent). He said he'd lost four or five that way.  Said they
just cut the line and take off with the trap, crabs and all.  He told us we
had to just drop it to the bottom, get us a pole with a hook, and fish it out
thataways.  When we pulled the trap yesterday, the rope was neatly cut, not
frayed or gnawed or nothing.  Neatly cut.  And, the day before, some kids in a
canoe were showing just a little too much interest in our trap.  Not that I'm
saying THEY are guilty.  But somebody is.  I don't think it was a manatee.
Manatees are herbivores.  And besides, even if they did gnaw the rope, we'd still
be able to see the trap at the bottom of the canal.  Somebody stoled it, I tell
ya.

If it turns up not stolen, I will be the first to apologize.

GoVols

In a message dated 1/27/2004 6:14:20 PM Eastern Standard Time,