[at-l] Well, Gee . . .

On Tuesday, January 27, 2004, at 10:23 PM, Leslie Booher wrote:

>> I've had practice and developed the reflexes and the reactions.<
>
> On another topic with the same idea, my father fell a lot in his later
> years, but he was never injured.  As a young man, he'd learned how to
> fall.  He tucked his elbows and knees toward his midrift and rolled
> somehow.  I've watched him do it.  I never learned this skill from
> him, so I'd break both wrists if I really fell.  Does anyone in
> list-land know how to fall properly?  Can you help me learn?

I know how to fall and I've helped a lot of people learn.   I can help
you learn.
It'd be much, much easier in person.  You wouldn't be going to the PA
Ruck,
would you?  :)

Falling is the first thing I teach people before I let them on a horse.
Falling from a tucked squat, from crouching, from standing, from
walking,
from jogging, and from a fence.   The key is to tuck your head in (and
KEEP
it tucked in until you're done falling) and not to fall on your hands.

-amy