[at-l] Holmes, Cold Weather and Life

>... If we all knew the day and the hour of our demise, surely none of us would
>chose to be in a hospital bed with garden hoses taped to our arms."

Create an advanced directive, a living will. They don't always work, but it is
your only chance to have some control. My Dad never regained consciousness after
a stroke. He was 86, had been in ill health, and virtually blind and almost
totally deaf for years. The doctor wanted to remove his tubes. One of six
siblings refused. He lay in a hospital bed for two weeks, and eventually died in
a nursing home, luckily after just a couple of days.

It was a terrible thing to inflict on him. It was a terrible thing to inflict on
society. Think what those thousands of dollars could have done to help a poor
child, desperately in need of care.

Weary