[at-l] new tent

Amy wrote:
>I decided to order a 3-4 season tent and a big cushy thermarest for
>sleeping
>on the ground at the ruck.  The thermarest doesn't look as thick as
>advertised,
>and the tent doesn't look as wide as advertised.  Harumph.  The tent
>looks to be just about big enough for me and my dog.  Which is unfortunate,
>because I need it to be big enough for me and Delee.  :)

Amy -
I've got a tent that would do for you and Delee on a temporary basis if
you'd want to borrow it for the Ruck (or longer).  It's an older Sierra
designs model.  We don't use it cause it weights about 6 or 7#, but for the
Ruck that's not a problem.  Then you could see if anything that shows up at
the Ruck would be what you need for a permanent (well - semi-permanent)
solution.  And you could return the one you ordered without arguing with
them about the muddy spots.

I know Ron Moak was gonna try to get some of his Six Moons Designs gear to
me for display at the Ruck.  And Big John may show up with his gear, too.
Don't know about Kurt, though.  Haven't heard from him for a long time now.

Anyway, if you'd want to borrow the tent, just let me know and we'll get it
to you.  Preferably before Friday cause we'll be getting to Ironmasters late
on Friday.

As for the pad - for this kind of weather, we use both 3/4 thermarests AND
full length Ridgerests.  AND zero degree bags.  AND "sometimes" another set
of overbags.

Walk softly,
Jim