[at-l] Holmes, Cold Weather and Life

> If you wind up gasping for pain meds in a hospital bed, you pretty much
> screwed it up somewhere along the way.

Ouch.  Rough way to assess a person's life, don't you think?? Measuring
it by how they die?

I may end up dying in a hospital bed, gasping for pain meds.  I may die
in a car accident.  I may even die outdoors, on the trail somewhere.  I
could be murdered.  I may simply quit breathing one night in my bed.
Who knows how I will die??

But I won't measure my life that way - I'd much prefer to measure it by
how I live today.  Today, after all, is all I've been given.

I work with folks in a nursing home.  I don't let them off the hook - I
challenge them to LIVE - today.  With everything they've got.  I really
do believe there is something to be grasped in every part of the
journey.  Some measure of life.  Some depth of me.  I don't intend to
yellow-blaze around the tough parts of the journey, even if I need a
little more pain meds to help me get through them.  (Vitamin I, anyone?)

life is good - so live it

suzie