[at-l] Holmes, Cold Weather and Life

In a message dated 1/26/2004 10:26:32 PM Eastern Standard Time,
shane@theplacewithnoname.com writes:
> It's a dumb way to die,
I haven't really commented on this at all, and I probably shouldn't, but
those of you who know me, know me better than that by now, so...

My friend Robert has bone cancer.  He's a skeleton.  He can't eat.  He can't
walk.  He subsists on 180mg of Oxysomething every eight hours and a couple
of glasses of water.  Last night he was begging God to let him die.

THAT is a really dumb way to die.

Give me the cold and the wilderness...

***********************************
I agree.
You were replying to my quote.
I was basically saying "Live" your life, because you are going to die no
matter what.
It's just a matter of when. Most of the ways that people die are dumb.  Do
what you
love... It's a better way to LIVE...

I knew someone that begged to die every day for the last 6 years of her life.
And everyone around her begged for the same thing. She was sick for 9 years
before she died. They told her she had 6 months to live initially. God, I
wish they
had been right. 6-7 years as a quadriplegic is rough on everyone involved.
Sometimes living isn't really living.

When you get the time, look up ALS, or Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (often
called Lou Gehrig's disease).

Maybe it will explain why I am a F***Up sometimes. Why I was emotionally dead
for years (still am I guess). Why I never lived my own life, just watched it
pass me by.
Just like my mother did, only she didn't have a choice. Well, I do, and am
now
choosing to feel alive, instead of just  being a human place holder.

When you really live your life... Life is good.

hotdog
AT 03 (the year I started living again)