[at-l] Trip report and a question.

>?Followed all this ... with some food at a local Ethiopian restaurant ...?

Ethnic restaurants from a place famous for its famines has always struck me as somewhat perverse.<

Yes, and Mags would laugh at the little hills that we have here in Halifax in far southern VA.  30' elevation on those hills, maybe?  And when we finish something, we can get poor Chinese food, pretty good Mexican food, or a hamburger.  We do have a little chi-chi tea place, but I don't know how it's surviving.  Applebee's is coming in next month, and I don't know how we can support it.  For a place this size in the middle of nowhere, we're fairly ethnically diverse, but we have no economy, double-digit inflation, and a work force where around half haven't graduated from high school nor gotten their GEDs.  As for wildlife, I was ecstatic to see a common flicker at the bird feeder today.  We're pretty dull hereabouts.

anklecoldgrumpybear
"You don't have to know anything about the outdoors to hike the A.T.  It's sort of idiot proof."   Emiko Fergusson