[at-l] The journey

>Hummingbird wrote:
>Hey, Coosa....are you getting ready??

Not only am I getting ready, I'm training some children to bake the "cake mix cookies" (which did not show up at the SoRUCK, by the way).  I'm planning to take these young teenagers out to give away cookies and to meet ThruHikers.

We'll be ready.

Is there a calendar set up with dates people are leaving?  I'd like to be prepared with enough cookies.  I know WF didn't like "organized" trail magic.  But the notes and emails and personal thanks I've received from people who were 'magicked' here in North Georgia are full of thanks and "you kept me going" and "it meant so much" words that I think a word of encouragement or a helping hand goes a long way -- all the way to Maine in many instances.

If you're planning to Thru in 2004 and there's no other way to let me know when you'll start at Springer, please email me off list, if you don't mind.  Oh and let me know if you're hiking with a dog and what doggie treats your dog likes.

Thanks,
Coosa
(Trail ArchAngel on the Appalachian Trail in Georgia)
Casey the WonderDog and Crockett the ManlyDog