[at-l] Today (OT)

At 06:47 PM 1/25/2004 -0500, Gadog430 wrote:
>I LOVEIT !!!!!! LUVVVVVV IT !!!!
>...clip...
>Now, it's just sleeting. Over and over. And I am home under my electric
>blanket watching the telly.
>The cat gave me a very skeptical look when I suggested he go out and take
>care of business. Well, I might
>not have suggested. I may have included pushing...out the door.
>
>My only regret is that there isn't a Range Rover in my driveway. If there
>was, we wouldn't be home.
>We would be doing donuts in some parking lot somewhere laughing our heads
>off.
>
>Island SnowDawg

You are better off under your electric blanket when it is sleeting. There
are 2 important things, no make that 3 important things, to remember about
4 wheel drive be it on a Range Rover or whatever:
1. 4 wheel drive can give you a false sense of security by making road
conditions seem better than they are.
2. Vehicles with 4 wheel drive don't stop any better than 2 wheel drive
vehicles.
3. 4 wheel drive will get you a lot farther from help before you get stuck.

Saunterer, who loves 4 wheel drive but recommends driving it as cautiously
as it were 2 wheel drive.