[at-l] PA RUCK Food List

Mornin' everyone. We still need items from the Food List. We are swamped with people wanting to help, so it looks like there will be more people in the kitchen than in the hostel-thank you for offering.  Actually, I don't know for sure how much food will be arriving, and how many hungry hikers, so we'll start with 5 people in the kitchen working, if we need more we'll scream for ya. This wouldn't happen if everyone didn't work together. I am so grateful to be amongst you.

Thank you to Spur for constructing the PA Ruck website. Many people-from all lists were asking.  It looks real nice!

Here's the food list. Grab something and gimme a holler. Don't be shy. No one has offered to bring anything for breakfast, and it sure would be nice. You could become an instant celebrity just by bringing donuts or something for breakfast. Otherwise, you are on your own for this.

Friday night-Dinner at 6pm:  It looks like we are going to have one heck of a feast: Pasta, homemade vegetarian sauce, tons of meatballs, Italian sausages and great breads, cheeses. We do not have a salad, if someone would like to bring that, please let me know.  If you are coming after dinner and would like for me to save you a dish, please email off list. I don't mind doing this, just as long as there is enough food. Some of you are traveling afar and bringing a lot of things.

Saturday Lunch-We have 2 soups, 1 chili. Not enough. When you return from your morning hike, you'll be starving, remember? Maybe chicken, tuna or egg salads to accommodate the soups-accompanied by your bread or crackers. Hummus?

Saturday Dinner: We have 2 hams, 2 roasting chickens. Could someone bring meatloaves? Other chicken dishes? Game
We are still in need of other dishes w/wo meats
Stews, bean dishes
Ethnic dishes-come on, who can make Pad Thai?
Cold dishes-there is only 1 cold pasta dish assigned
YOUR FAVORITE DISH
Teas-herbal, whatever
Decaf Coffee
1 more large pkg napkins
large garbage bags

DESSERTS - Where are the desserts or am I putting my foot in my mouth (remembering last year) ?  Don't worry about competition.....just bring whatever you please. Store bought desserts are great, and there is an abundance of these-but wouldn't you rather bring something that you enjoy baking, and especially to show off, and ESPECIALLY to enter in the Bake-Off ? There is a special individual that will be at the Ruck that has put together some clever gifts for the winners (I'm going to catch heck for telling that secret). You are going to be very surprised! So dig out that old cookbook and put yer thinkin cap on and be creative, and join us for some fun. I personally am looking forward to this. You'll see the Bake-Off area when you arrive at the hostel.

Here is a list of what people are definitely bringing. Thank you so much for offering!  I know it's hard cooking a dish and then hauling it across miles, but your hard work is very appreciated and it will show.

Butane Stove

Coffee pot

Green or fruit salad

Dessert-non bake-off

COOKIES and/or Cake

Coffee creamer

Honey baked ham

6 loaves of garlic bread

cold pasta dish

Homemade carrot cake

paper plates

Cheesecake & Key Lime Pie

Chili for Saturday lunch

Turkey chowder for Saturday lunch-

Beef stroganoff for Saturday dinner

Ethnic dessert

Homemade breads to accompany her dishes

Meatballs, Italian sausages & sauce -

Pasta cheeses

&

2 large roasting chickens

dessert

Aluminum Foil

Coffee creamers

Pasta for Friday night

5 lb sugar, bowls, plastic utensils

100 paper plates, 64 sets. eating utensils

6 boxes Little Debbies

2 cans Coffee

cookies

1 Ham (precooked spiral cut)
4 bags premixed salad fixings and some dressings
100 plates/forks/knives/spoons
1 box Aluminum Foil
1 large package paper napkins
1 4-pack of paper towels

Tomato Pie

"JB" Bob Davies

-is bringing a surprise

Potato Soup

The Landry Family is bringing a surprise-thank you!

I'll post 2 more Food Lists before I pull out Friday morning. Thank you to everyone.

Marsha

Cleveland