[at-l] Lies, Myths and Downright Stupidity

anklebear wrote:

>So what was Myth #1?

That life is getting worse, not better.

Think about it - would you really want to live 100 years ago?  No Walmart,
no Oprah, no Day of Our Lives --- hey, wait a minute - maybe that myth
wasn't so far off after all?  <VBG>

Seriously - 100 years ago wasn't all that great - my grandfather was a coal
miner and fighting the mine owners - anyone remember the Molly Maguires?
Anyone have any understanding of what was involved in coal mining 100 years
ago? And how many of them died?  And how they died?  No - you REALLY didn't
want to live back then.

So how about 50 years ago - no computers - 1 car per family (if you were
middle or upper class - otherwise, you walked) - higher crime rates - polio
- diptheria - the Korean War - no thruhiking ---------------- the list is
endless - and some of us lived through it.  Personally, I don't want to go
back there.

How about 10 years ago?  But I'll leave that one for someone else to tell us
why (not).

The Good Old Days are here and now, gang.  Enjoy them.

Walk softly,
Jim