[at-l] @#%&()(^$ @!$^*()*&* ENOUGH! ;-)

Shelly,

Reference your post, dated 1-23-04.

You must learn to use your ?Delete? key less sparingly.

There are certain pairings of contributors whose posts remind me of watching
my parents argue when I was a child.  It seems excessive and unnecessary.  I
don?t have to be present now.  I prefer not to watch.

Let?s face it, we all walked and could do all sorts of backpacking things,
before we opened our first post.  No one is teaching us how to breathe
underwater or revealing any other breakthrough; we are merely learning how
to be more comfortable.  When some of the contributors stop being fun, don?t
read their contributions.

I?ve come to the unpleasant point where I delete virtually all posts from
one contributor even though he/she has hiked extensively and is very
knowledgeable about the arts and sciences of applied backpacking.  This is
regrettable.

There is a fringe which, even though more tolerant, cannot walk away from an
unfinished thread - - read, ?unfinished argument? - - but must first drive a
stake through its heart.  Then again, to make sure the job is done.  My hope
is there is a spouse, dog, or child(ren) somewhere whose lives have been
made easier by not having to take the brunt of their frustration.  I suspect
backpacking hasn?t dissipated it all, that they bring their frustration with
them.

There is no stopping them.  You must learn to use your ?Delete? key less
sparingly.

Steve