  From: TrailR@aol.com
  To: Slyatpct@aol.com ; gwa@antigravitygear.com ; at-l@backcountry.net
  Sent: Friday, January 23, 2004 10:35 AM
  Subject: Re: Fw: [at-l] Alcohol stove making at the Ruck?

  In a message dated 1/23/2004 10:24:02 AM Eastern Standard Time, Slyatpct@aol.com writes:

    Also, I see you compare denatured alcohol and rubbing alcohol, but what about
    methanol that makes up HEET (which I use and can be found commonly), or
    isopropanol that's in Iso-Heet which seems to burn different?  Have you done any
    tests or do you have any thoughts on those?

    Thanks,

    Sly
  My 2 cents worth while I wait for Tin Mans 5 cents worth.

  Denatured alcohol - Burns great
  Heet (Methyl alcohol) - burns a little better than denatured, but not much.
  I use both.

  Iso-Heet / isopropyl - just say no, it burns dirty (gets black all over the pot),
  and it is not as hot (takes longer to boil water).

  hotdog