[at-l] RE: Maybe, just maybe....

Kelly Whitman wrote: "I'm a non-hiker? That's interesting you brought that
up about a rescue.
Someone else emailed offlist saying it was a terrible thing to put rescuers
in danger "unnecessarily," and that person has been strangely silent about
what this fellow did."

I think SloeToe simply suggested possibilities of what motivations Ken
Holmes might have had toward his decision to camp, a decision that proved
lethal. No one on this list knows his motivations. Everyone can second
guess his decision. I think there is nothing useful to add.

I wrote you offlist, much as GMC wrote you on list with concern about your
frequent stated physical limitations and desire to have an early start as a
means to complete a thru hike. I am concerned about your safety. I'd be
concerned for Bill Irwin's safety if he went for a late winter thru hike
with unfamiliar equipment and planned on short distances.

But I hope for the best for you and every hiker - thru and sectioner. I
hope that hikers consider their safety and strive to never need rescue.

LNT includes leaving no corpses.

OrangeBug