[at-l] Define Trail Maintenance

Hi, Shelly. On the section of the A.T. that I help to maintain, besides the obvious blowdowns, my usual "M.O." is to clear anything that might impede a sizable hiker carrying a large backpack. There are lots of brambles in one area that need to be cut back regularly, too. Then there are the access trails, shelter, etc. It ALL counts...
-"Camo"
------------------------------
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 22:58:49 -0500
From: "Shelly Hale" <shellydhale@earthlink.net>
Subject: [at-l] Define Trail Maintenance
To: <WomenHikers@yahoogroups.com>, <at-l@backcountry.net>

This past weekend at the SORUCK, Queen Diva and I had a wonderful discussion as
to what defines trail maintenance.

Here is the situation.  As we walked along, some folx would pick up the most
minute twig, while other only moved big things like logs.  Others walked along
as if seeing nothing wrong with the trail at all.

I would like to hear from both groups (at-l & women's list) as to what you think trail maintenance is.  Tomorrow evening, I will post what Queen Diva and I came up with.  ;-D

Shelly Hale