[at-l] Misery?

At 11:10 AM 1/21/2004 -0500, Jim and/or Ginny Owen wrote:
>>All in jest folks. I'm really not that negative about winter, although
>>the "truck won't start at -20?" one is true and I wasn't real happy that
>>day. Tomorrow I'm off to the Adirondacks for a wee snowshoe in the woods.
>
>Now I'm envious (but not about the truck).  Have a good time out there.
>Jim

Well, it didn't happen quite the way I planned. About 10 minutes after my
wife left for work I got a phone call from her. She'd lost control of the
car on the ice and crashed into a tree. I went to the rescue. Fortunately
the truck does start at 0?. Guess if I was living in Alaska (not likely,
great place to visit in summer but I wouldn't want to live there) I'd have
to have a block heater and plug it in. After calling 911 and the trooper
arrived I took her to the ER despite her protestations that she was
"probably' alright. She was pretty upset and her chest was sore so I wasn't
taking chances. She checked out okay. Some bruises is all. So this will
have to substitute for a snowshoeing trip report. The car is totalled so
I'll be home playing taxi driver for her until the insurance gets sorted
out. Around here I still have at least 8 weeks of winter (more likely
10-12) so I'll get that snowshoe trip in yet.

Saunterer