[at-l] More Global Warming ahead

>>"...i thought global warming ment higher overall tempurature with greater
>>swings from cold to hot. so colder colds and much hotter hots."

Now that humans have discovered that they have drifted into changing the
composition of the atmosphere of the world -- increasing a key compound by 30
percent -- we shouldn't be surprised that rather complex changes are ensuing.
Rather the surprise would have been had nothing happened.

After all, if the world
had been the size of a typical Appalachian Trail blue berry the entire depth of
the atmosphere would be less than half as thick as the bloom that fingers remove
in the second between picking and eating.

In New England, for instance, most predictions point to between a six and a 10
degree rise in average temperatures, which would give Maine the same climate
that Georgia has today.

But a confounding worry is that changes in average temperature seems likely to
change the pattern of ocean currents that bring warm equatorial temperatures to
northern Europe and New England, bringing not additional warmth, but a new ice
age.

REgardless of which scenario ensues, as Jean-Paul points out, one thing that is
quite likely to happen is greater swings between hot and cold and more violent
storms. Storms are triggered by temperature differences. As hikers know, it is
not the cool summer day that breeds thunderstorms, but warm days.

Weary

Once humans drifted into changing the  Bob