[at-l] heavyweight gear

Shane wrote:

>>HopLite wonders if there are any hard core backpackers out there, or are
>>

>we
>

>>a bunch of sissified car campers.
>>

>Woah...  I must have missed that.  Come down here HopLite and I'll show you
>some hardcore...
>
>The funny thing about Honey Island Swamp is that I've never found any honey
>there...  Just snakes, bugs, and gators.
>
>Shane

Ack!  Don't show me that-- I think that sort of thing is illegal in some
states!!  Just kidding, Shane; you know I respect you a lot.  Anyway,
nobody "misunderestimate" me.  I happen to love car camping.  I was
raised car camping and I'm grateful for those trips and for the fact of
a sound family that made it possible.  Who couldn't love a Coleman Dual
Fuel campstove able to boil gallons of water at a time?  Its just that I
love backpacking even more.  I love it because backpackers labor hard
for the views and experiences we get.

Of course, herding several kids into a car and pulling together a
camping trip with them could qualify as hard labor in some cases.
*grin*  I was THAT kid sometimes...

Warm regards,
HopLite