[at-l] Re:

In a message dated 1/20/2004 12:27:39 AM Eastern Standard Time,
shellydhale@earthlink.net writes:
My point was that we should not stop living the way that we do just because
we have kids.  The park ranger that died was tragically taken from his
family as a victim of hypothermia.  What a terrible loss.  But, he lived his
life the way he was.  I don't think it was irresponsible of him to go hiking
because he had 5 kids.

How many hikers out there have children (no matter what age)?  I know that
we would all put our lives on the line for our kids, but...should we stop
living just because we do have children?  IMHO, I don't think so.

Shelly Hale
There are so many people out there with children, that risk their lives as a
part
of their jobs (for us). Saying they are irresponsible is, well,
irresponsible. People
are at risk every day, no matter what they do, and make mistakes that cost
them
their lives (in cars, at work, walking, hiking). Life is short... Live it,
don't watch it
 pass you by (as I have for years).

hotdog