[at-l] College Degrees and Growing up

In a message dated 1/19/2004 8:28:22 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Bror8588@aol.com writes:
IMHO too many people these days think that they have to get a
degree so that they can earn money or enter into a field which will help them
become wealthy.  I am not sure where that idea originated.
Not sure where it originated, but it's becoming more and more true in high
tech fields.
Since September 11th, since Big High tech companies declined, Telecoms
declined,
and lots of good people got laid off and are fighting for less jobs. Years
ago, it was
easy to get a job in the IT field. I interviewed 3 times in 20 years & got
all 3 jobs (with
only an associates degree). Now, there are more people for companies to
choose from,
so they can afford to be more picky about their BS/MS (degree) criteria.
Just my opinion...

hotdog