[at-l] SORUCK

Howdy, All,

I really had a great time at the SORUCK!  Meeting all of the southern folks on the at-l, women's hiker group and the AT2004 groups was great fun (you know who you are!!).  It was also great to see Hopeful, meet Mrs. Hopeful, see Jan Liteshoe, Hot Dog and Notes again.

Thanks to everyone who gave me advice on my upcoming hike and offered their services to me.  I really appreciate it.  Thanks, especially to Sunrise and Sunset.  I love the Camp.  Can I live there?  :o)   That great room with the fireplace is awesome.  So is the kitchen.

Here's to all of the folks who brought food, and especially to Miss Janet.  Hope to see you soon.  Sorry I missed the blueberry pancakes. 738 miles in one day is my personal record.  Just couldn't make those last 78 miles of winding mt roads. (for those who don't know, I was on my way back from San Francisco via San Antonio via the SORUCK).

I didn't make it back to PA on Sunday, good thing I had allowed for that extra day.  The weather was bad in MD and PA Sunday nite and I decided not to drive in it in the dark. Got home around 2pm today.

Hope to see a bunch more of you past thru-hikers, trailangels and future hikers at the PA Ruck.

:o) Welsh Nomad